Wednesday 3 April 2013

Easter in Dublin..

That's my best side - a bit blurry and less puffed eye than the other one!
 We went on a little jaunt to Dublin last week to do some 'business' related things. One of those things involved me having my photograph taken . For someone who doesn't particularly enjoy having my picture taken, to wake up on the morning of the photograph appointment with conjunctivitis!!!!!Ahhhh! Couldn't believe it - had to run like a mad thing and buy eye drops, which then only made the puffy eyes puffier...let's just say it was not the most glamorous of morning's!

 Above is a picture my daughter Patti took later that day outside Article, one of my favourite stockist's. The shop is well stocked with all kind's of grown up loveliness - my products aside(!)

On a positive note though, Dublin was looking great in the bright blue sunshine and we made the most of a couple of crystal clear days to wander the streets and tick off the To Do boxes. Places to eat in the city have improved so much since Pete (my husband) and I lived there in 1997/1998. We ate in The Chop House a mere skip from our old flat and must say that for a steakhouse/pub they were more than delighted for us to bring the kids in, their steaks are fantastic. We meandered through a few old haunts and shortcuts in and around our old neighbourhood and came across this property, looking really rather dandy in the spring sunshine. Springlawn was the name on the gate and clearly the owners prepare each year for the house to live up to its promise, the lawns looked perfectly springy with all those daffodils.
A Dublin house with a very appropriate name "Springlawn"





We also popped over to the RHA to have a look at the current exhibition and say 'hello' to The Irish Design Shop's Clare and Laura. The exhibition did frighten the bejesus out of the kids, I think the naked lady hulahooping with barbed wire was an eye opener...The Irish Design Shop is for sure one of Dublins best curated stores, the new Drury St space is I am sure going to be a total treat, exciting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment