Thursday 13 September 2012

Super tea towel moment!

So on opening the drawer of this very lovely 'press' as my grandmother would have called it, I smiled. Yes I had put the tea towels in the press so it should have been no surprise when I opened it, however it made my heart sing a little. I don't very often put my products into other peoples furniture, but this was a holiday property we were recently staying in and I had brought some work with me for a bit of a photo shoot, I couldn't resist filling the drawer with my tea towels,closing the drawer and then opening it again! I decided then to go a step further and take a photo, and even now it still makes me very happy.

Tea towels have always made me very happy - it could be something to do with my mothers tender care of her tea towels, she ironed them and folded them neatly and kept them in a drawer, and there were always clean, pressed tea towels ready for use in that same drawer. To open a drawer full of tea towels I designed and printed myself was just a super wee moment, and to know that all over the world these same tea towels are in a few other peoples drawers makes it super duper!

No comments:

Post a Comment